Saturday, July 22, 2017

Pleasing Sights and Pleasing Sounds: Linkin Park Fan Tribute Edition

I'm dearly sorry to all my readers to have been gone so long. It's been a while since I last published a blog post. I finished my last semester in college and now I'm standing at the crossroads between being a young adult and a full fledged grown adult. It's pretty scary to be honest. As of now my focus is on securing a job and saving money while living at home with family. My thoughts are on how I will branch out in the world and truly start living. In entering this new chapter in my life I'm centering my thoughts on homesteading, budgeting, being thrifty, and practicing a somewhat minimalist and zero waste living lifestyle. In this new chapter I'm reevaluating where my finances, work ethics, and where I place my time and efforts into. So look forward to seeing blog posts on these topics.

Moving On to Today's Post:

My tribute to the late Chester Bennington, lead singer of my childhood favorite rock band Linkin Park. Linkin Park was my first ever taste of rock music in middle school and the first music group I could claim as my own. Linkin Park was not music that my parents or grandparents introduced me to, this band was for me and my ears, my emotions, and my style. My family didn't understand it and my attraction to the music, but my soul could understand it. Their music was the refuge for my sadness and my feelings of angst. Their music was my way of overcoming my shyness and befriending others who shared a mutual taste in music. Their music was the gateway band that led me to truly becoming a music fiend. It is truly saddening to see how Chester's haunting and heartfelt vocals comforted me and many other fans, but could not save him in the end. This band saved me from my depression and utter feelings of loneliness in my childhood and teenage years. Now as an adult almost 15 years later I still am in love with their music. I'm truly sorry I never was able to see Linkin Park live in concert. May there music live on forever and may Chester Bennington rest in peace!
















2 comments:

  1. Colleen I love this post! It's so sad to know Chester Bennington ended his own life, yet was able to relate to so many people and sustain them, including me. I grew up listening to Linkin Park with my siblings and we knew all the songs and sang the lyrics verbatim. It also takes me back to late nights in high school working on art assignments. Though I was tired, his music kept me going. lol. Glad to know you're posting again.

    Also, it makes sense why your blog was in abeyance. I hope you're transitional period is simultaneously cathartic and enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blondine! Yes his tragic passing is indeed a poetic tragedy in that his own music that saved others in the end could not save himself. Yes I am back to posting again.

      Delete